Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 13, 2010

34 Weeks!

34 weeks was a wonderful, busy time! Our 34th week started with a Surprise Baby Shower! Carl and I co-direct an all-volunteer Reading Camp for low-income 3rd and 4th graders in Cleveland. At our meeting on Sunday morning the volunteers who help plan Reading Camp threw us a surprise shower! We feel so blessed to have such wonderful people supporting us both with the Reading Camp ministry and as we become parents. I'll do a seperate post on the wonderful gifts they gave us :) think books and something special dinasour related. :)

Sunday afternoon our friends threw a shower for us! I will also do a seperate post on this because there is too much to tell but it was a lot of fun and we are so blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends!

In other news from our 34th week, Baby C and I are now seeing the doctor once a week until delivery! The doctor says that Baby C is measuring on track to be about 6 or 7lbs when she is born and that we should expect her in the next 4 or 5 weeks. Sounds good to me! The doctor also said that at this point Baby C will do well no matter when she is born so if I were to go into pre-term labor they wouldn't try to stop it. I don't want Baby C to get any ideas about coming out too early, she needs those few more weeks, but it is nice to know that if something were to happen she would be healthy and okay!

We finished the week off with Baby C's first trip to cut down a Christmas tree. Carl, my dad, and I went out on Saturday and chopped down trees (1 for our house and 1 for my parents). It was a great day for it. There was snow on the ground and it was sunny and warm (yes I am calling 40 degrees warm :)) I can't wait to take Baby C with us next year!


Our picture this week is from Christmas tree chopping. Sorry for the giant red coat :)

How far along: 34 weeks and 6 days
Net weight gain: 22 lbs....we think, the nurses messed this up last time (sometimes they subtract 2 lbs sometimes they dont... so we are somewhere around 22-24 lbs)
Stretch marks: nope
Belly Button: out most of the time
Sleep: rough-sore back, up 2x a night for the bathroom, some insomnia
Food cravings: fruit!
Food aversions: nothing!
What I miss: pain free sleep--pretty sure I've said this before a few times :)
Looking forward to: hospital tour and family/friends shower
Best moment this week: our baby showers!
Milestones: Baby C could be born any time now and be okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background