Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 20, 2010

35 Weeks!

At 35 weeks Baby C is getting ready for her debut! At our doctor's appointment this week the doctor did a low resolution ultrasound to check on her position. The verdict---she is in a great position for delivery! If I wasn't sure whether Baby C had "dropped" yet, I've been reassured by clients all week that the she has definitley dropped. They are all pretty convinced that there is no way I will make it to January 16 because Baby C is already so low. We'll see!

Another sign that Baby C is getting ready to make her appearance... practice contractions. Definitely been feeling some of those at night this week!
In other news, our 35 week kicked off with a lovely baby shower thrown by Baby C's Grandmas and Aunts. Despite the snowstorm that kept some of my family away, we had a lovely tea and many friends and family were there to share in the excitement. There were lots of cute details including onesie cookies, hershey kisses with "It's a girl" tags, and my dad's childhood blocks spelling out Baby Girl.
We ended our week with another baby shower! Carl's company threw us a shower at his boss's house. It was a very nice time and Baby C got lots of cute clothes. :)
Now for a little comparison:

Here I am at 25 weeks

and now at 35 weeks



I think Baby C's grown a little over the last 10 weeks :O

How far along: 35 weeks
Net weight gain: 24 lbs
Stretch marks: still none...
Belly button: out
Sleep: getting up 3 or 4 times for the restroom and started having some braxton hicks contractions this week
Food cravings: clementines---can't get enough!
Food aversions: meat not from local farms (I keep seeing the images from Food Inc and have been having strong aversions...not really pregnancy related but being pregnant makes me even more cautious about what goes in my body!)
What I miss: sleep....
Looking forward to: Christmas!
Best moment this week: the showers and finding out that Baby C is in a great position for delivery


Milestones: Baby C is as big as a cantaloupe! no wonder my back hurts and I am off balance :)

4 comments:

  1. Soon, very soon...I can't wait to meet her!!! You still look great :) Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do look great! I think Baby C has been pretty low the whole time (judging from the 25 week photo). My prediction - you'll make it until a week before your due date!

    Wish Baby C a Merry Christmas from her boyfriend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a doll!! I cannot wait to see her and I promise Amy and I will babysit while you shower! Love ya girlie!

    Sorry, Amy! I just volunteered you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot that I'm rooting for a 1/11/11 birthday, so that's my new guess. :o) Hang in there baby girl!

    ReplyDelete

background