Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 8, 2011

wedding weekend

This weekend we headed up to Ithaca, New York for my friend, Robbie's wedding! Robbie and I met in middle school and were great friends all through high school. I am very blessed to still be close to my group of high school friends. All of them were at the wedding including our friend, Jan, who was an exchange student from Germany!
Of course we had to stop along the way to commemorate Sophia's first time in the state of New York! Look at the happy family!Oh wait, here we are. Our friend Caitlin road up with us and helped entertain Ms Sophia
Our only family photo from the trip! I need to do a better job at getting pictures of the three of us!
The wedding was held on the campus of Cornell University where Robbie and Sarah met. It was raining so Sophia checked out the campus from Caitlin's hotel room. What do you think Sophia, will you be a Cornell alum?
The wedding ceremony was a beautiful Catholic ceremony and our little Sophia was so calm and quiet through the whole thing. She loved the lights in the chapel and the music. Towards the end she was a little warm and sleepy so she laid her little head down on me and sucked on her thumb. So sweet.
We are very excited for our beautiful friend, Erin, who is getting married in less than 3 weeks!
Sophia wore one of my dresses from when I was a baby so I had to get a picture of us. Beautiful dress on an even more beautiful baby girl!
We had a little break between the wedding ceremony and the reception. A perfect time for cocktails, appetizers and an attempt at a photo shoot. I wanted a picture of Sophia and me and my 3 best friends. Joey took about 15 and in not a single one are we all looking at the camera. haha!
I totally failed at taking pictures at the reception! We were all having too much fun eating and dancing! Carl and Sophia came to the cocktail hour and the headed back to our hotel so the little lady could get some sleep. She probably would have stayed and partied all night if we let her. This lady LOVES a crowd.
Sophia slept pretty well at night with just a few brief whimpers during the night. When we got up the next morning we found this pretty path along the lake and took a walk.
After breakfast at the Ithaca Farmers Market and some final goodbyes to our dear friends we headed home! All in all it was a lovely weekend! Can't wait for Erin's wedding in 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background