Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

big changes

We've been seeing some big changes in our little baby girl recently. Changes that are letting us know very clearly that she is quickly leaving babyhood behind.


Toddler hood here we come!



Our first sign that she is on the fast track to toddler hood has been the end of her morning nap... most of you may be thinking that we're sad about this, but I am actually welcoming it. As I write this Sophia is chatting and rolling around in her crib, not taking her morning nap. This is day 4. The last 3 days have brought one nap in the afternoon and one very happy, energetic, easy going girl. PLEASE don't fall asleep Sophia! ;) The transition from 2 - 1 naps has been going on for about a month and it has not been easy. So I am rejoicing at it being over (please please please).



Another big change we've seen is in personality. Sophia is bubbling with personality recently. Games of peek a boo with her bib, "so big", pat a cake..are abundant. All the things I've been doing with her the last almost year she is suddenly demonstrating back to me. So fun!



There is so much more! I'll leave you with a little teaser for upcoming posts...think teeth, utensils, cars.....



I have a feeling this is only the beginning of rapid changes over the coming weeks as we approach 1 year. I am sad but also enjoying every moment of watching her grow!

1 comment:

  1. We might need some video on the blog soon. I want to see 'so big!' in action!

    ReplyDelete

background