Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

party decorations

What's a first birthday bash without awesome decorations?! Okay so I may have gone a little overboard but I loved doing it! :) Sorry the pictures are in sort of a random order. I blame blogger.

First up, tissue paper pompoms! So easy to make and they really add a lot of fun to the space. I made five and hung them in clumps around the dining room. I was going for 8 until my husband intervened. 8 probably would have been a bit excessive......


The picture banner was probably one of my favorite decorations. It was incredible to see how much Sophia had grown in just 1 year.



The food table with the beautiful cake made by Sophia's grandma. The picture isn't great but I forgot to take one until right before the party...

I bought a birthday banner from etsy. The rest of the decorations were based off the colors and theme from the banner. If you haven't picked up on it, I went with a 'sweet shop' theme. I didn't go too crazy with it. We had lollipop cookies for favors and lollipops on the cake. That was really the extent of the theme. Sophia's Nana made the cookies and her mom helped decorate them.
I really liked how it all turned out! Unfortunately the pictures don't really do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background